Volere - 2 days
Requirements Gathering & Engineering
Requirements gathering training: requirements are the most misunderstood part of systems development, and yet the most crucial.
Build the Right Software - First Time
Requirements must be correct if the rest of the development effort is to succeed. Our training presents a complete process (Volere) for eliciting the real requirements, testing them for correctness, and recording them clearly, comprehensibly and unambiguously.
This training shows you how to precisely define the scope of the business problem, to discover and involve the appropriate stakeholders, to use techniques such as apprenticing and lead efficient requirements gathering workshops.
What you will learn:
- Identify attributes and types of effective requirements.
- Differentiate between effective versus poor requirements.
- List the types of requirements.
- Apply requirements in the development process.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of discovery techniques.
- Use discovery techniques on a project architecture.
- Gather and Structure requirements.
- Use techniques used to gather and structure types of requirements.
- Perform effective Interviews.
- Use questionnaires.
- Organize workgroup / JAD sessions.
- Interpret surveys and observations.
- Experience use cases for gathering/documenting requirements.
- Use data/process/workflow modeling.
- Validate user requirements.
- Know the reasons for validating requirements and methods used.
"Hands-On" courses run regularly in Brussels. Fully equipped air-conditioned training centre. In-Person attendance. Remote attendance via web link. Inspiring, subject-matter expert instructors.